Friday, June 12

LLAMAS AND YURTS.



Good morning beautiful friends! Doing great... In Barranco, a colonial suberb of Lima, Peru with my Dad and Carmen. I rose early this morning and slowly but surely my greatest travel companions of all time are catching up with me and almost ready to hit the history laden streets for some cafe con leche and an invigorating ocean breeze. As I write, Carmen is sweet talking Bingo, the resident hostal labrador that reminds me so much of Oscar, my own handsome black puppy dog. I will take all credit, the good and the bad, for introducing my Dad and Carmen to hostal life and overnight busses. Our first road trip is this afternoon to Arequipa, another colonial city south of here where Carmen actually spent most of her adolescense (she was born in Lima bus lived in Atlanta for the last 40 years). I am excited about them experiencing the best seats in the house with panoramic views and knowing all of my poor girl bliss on this epic journey through a wild and magnificant continent.

We are all well and I will be in touch with tales of the glorious town of Huaraz soon. Remembering the golden mountain sides speckled with llamas and dotted with yurts is all I can do to keep my sanity in this dense yet somehow endearing city. I am surprised at how much Lima is growing on me. I am in good company and with you in song and spirit!

Catherine the Cheap (Sol savvy)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIRCUT! beautiful, cat :)