Thursday, March 12

AMOR DE PANAMA.

I am living on a boat in Panama.
Life is beautiful.

The strong sun melts the days together and the wind breathes life to my soul with every gust and sway of the boat. I finally took the plunge and committed to sailing with my family aboard the lovely Victoria. A life long dream made so easy. All it really took to get me here was saying yes, emphatically! The energy I poured into bidding farewell to my responsibilities and loved ones in Jackson Hole, driving 3 days on end back to Atlanta, and packing the night before take-off was small compared to that which swelled me upon realizing I AM HERE... I AM DOING THIS... I AM SO HAPPY!

Sometime around 2 AM last Tuesday, tucked into my bunk with the full, bright moon visible from the hutch above me I caught up with time and rested with my reality. The boys fast asleep and our cozy and simple quarters feeling just right, I knew that my life would never be the same.

Kim, Pierre, Patrick, and Thomas (my aunt, uncle, and 9 year-old twin cousins) are joyful company. They endlessly fascinate me with their natural grasp on such an unusual lifestyle. Kim and Pierre have been very busy provisioning for our cruise to Las Perlas islands and our upcoming passage to Ecuador as well as tearing apart the boat to make it safe. The boys and I in turn have made a field trip to the zoo, wondered at monsterous cargo ships passing through the Panama Canal at sunset, lounged on the boom in the orange moonlight and survived our first of many Spanish lessons on deck in the noon breeze.

Today I went on my first run up an avenue lined with palms and trees with gorgeous, vibrant blooms of all hues. My favorite tree yet is the Guavacan which bares flowers of the truest yellow. The color is so beautiful that it will change your life with but a catch of the eye. That is just how it draws me in and hold's on my gaze as if I've found heaven itself.

Alas I'm being summoned to authentic simplicity with but blissful dances with the Internet. Sending my love and grace, thankful for your support.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Grandma! Your life is so beautiful. I love how vibrant and spontaneous you are. You inspire me!