Thursday, April 2

Tennis for the lady

Good morning! How art thou? I´m glowing with salty sweat and the remnants of black goo from Pierre´s racket grip. I guess I´m just so hot I made it melt. We started off this glorious day with a round of doubles: Kim and I paired up with local pros, Maria Helena and Don Julio. It was awesome, getting lose and bouncing on my toes in the tropical scene. We were hardly into the first set when I noticed my hands, chest and face were covered with dark traces of war. After our match, Maria Helena toured us around the cape. We learned of the local surf, abundance of fresh shrimp and ceviche and were led to the Bahia Tennis Club.

Some big decisions have been made and there´s excitement in the air. Pierre and Kim have decided to live here and put the boys in school so that they can learn Spanish. The first day of classes is this Monday, so we haven´t any time to loose! We´re always out and about exploring and getting a better feel for the daily life. We are all so happy here and there is such an amazing vibe in the fresh air. The boys are thrilled to put homeschooling on hold and start making friends. They have their second futbol practice this afternoon at 3 and are begging to please not go to the Catholic school where nuns will snap their fingers with rulers. We´re all giddy and with their decision, I´ve been carefully unfolding a wild one of my own.

Calling the big, mean Oso now to share my news and will let you know what we decide. Sending sunshine and huge bicepts.

No comments: